Scientific cooperation – Ghana & Germany ( PhD Program in Germany)
- Grants will be given by the DAAD each time for one year only. The request for prolongation will be subject to a questioning by the selection committee.
- A monthly co-financed allowance of EUR 1.000
- Health, liability and casualty insurance will be paid.
- An appropriate flat-rate travel allowance will be reimbursed after the applicant’s arrival in Germany. So please observe that the travel expenses have to financed in advance.
- During the complete funding time a maximum of 2 field research phases in your home country (of altogether 12 months) is possible. During the field research phases the funding will be paid for a maximum of 3 months (this rule is being applied for the complete funding time, not per year). As of the fourth month of a field research phase no more funding will be paid.
- This programme does not pay any research funding (assumption of the costs must be added to the application).
- Preparatory language courses in Accra and in Germany.
Further information and advice
- Information about the application deadline is to be received within the annual announcement of the Scholarship Office. Further information can be obtained from email@example.com.
- Application documents have to be submitted to Mr. Fuseini Lansah Registrar of Scholarships Scholarship Secretariat P.O. Box M75 Accra, Ghana
- Please regard that the beginning of your grant can only be in April or October. As a rule, the grant is preceded by a 4 or 6 months lasting language course.
- The grant awards are decided once a year by a binational Selection committee with equal representations.