DLR/DAAD Research-Fellowship-Programme (Germany)
„DLR-DAAD Research Fellowships“ is a programme implemented by the ‘German Aerospace Center’ (DLR) and the ‘German Academic Exchange Service’ (DAAD). DLR is Germany´s national research center for aeronautics and space. Its extensive research and development work in Aeronautics, Space, Transportation and Energy is integrated into national and international cooperative ventures. As Germany´s space agency, DLR has been given responsibility for the forward planning and the implementation of the German space program by the German federal government as well as for the international representation of German interests. Approximately 7,400 people are employed in DLR´s 33 institutes and facilities at 16 locations in Germany.
Who can apply?
This special programme is intended for highly-qualified foreign doctoral and postdoctoral students as well as senior scientists. DLR-DAAD Fellowships are defined and awarded on an individual basis. Each fellowship announcement will indicate the specific qualification requirements and terms of visit.
What can be funded?
The current offers are published under DLR-DAAD Fellowships – Current offers on the homepages of the DAAD and the DLR in the research fields:
Please note that within the DLR-DAAD programme, you can apply only for a DLR institute, not for a university or any other institution.
Duration of the funding
- Type A – Doctoral Students: 36 months
- Type B – Postdoctoral Students: 6 to 24 months
- Type C – Senior Scientists: 1 to 3 months
- Doctoral Students (Doctorate in Germany): monthly instalment of 1,365 Euros (plus allowance for materials of 102 Euros); e.g. flat-rate travel allowance, health insurance, family allowances
- Postdoctoral Students (Research in Germany): 2,000 Euros per month
- Senior Scientists (Research in Germany): 2,300 Euros per month
For further information see: www.daad.de/dlr