20 PhD positions at the International Max Planck Research School for Molecular and Cellular Life Sciences (Germany)
Application to the PhD program is a five step procedure as outlined below:
1. Register online. After successful registration you will receive a confirmation link via email that allows you to log in.
2. Login at application portal and fill out application form
3. Upload all required documents
4. Contact your referees and get their affirmation to write a recommendation on your behalf. Then fill out the tabs for referee contacts in the application form and follow further instructions. Once authorized by you, the coordination office will invite the referee to submit his/her letter of recommendation electronically.
5. Submit application by clicking on the « Submit Application » button in the upper menue of the application site
Acceptance of complete applications will be confirmed electronically in the status box of your application form
Submission of each letter of recommendation to the coordination office will be confirmed electronically in the status box of your application form and through email.
We can only accept online applications, which are completed. Consequently, late or incomplete applications will be rejected and deleted from our databank.
Please do not send written applications to the coordination office. We are not able to process them and they will not be returned.
It is recommended to submit your application early. This may be beneficial in case you run into problems during the application process. For example, if one of your referees does not submit a recommendation in a timely manner you will have sufficient time to intervene and respond appropriately to the situation.
Should you run into problems when filing your application you may contact our helpdesk for advice via email. Please note, that neither help desk nor coordination office will be able to respond to requests during the last 5 days of the application period (January 01 to January 06). If you need help, please get in touch with us before that time point.
Please note that students that will start their PhD in the lab of an IMPRS faculty member before January 1, 2015 are not eligible to apply to the program in the upcoming round of application.
Who is is currently recruiting?
Please note that some research group leaders that are listed on the website as IMPRS-LS faculty may not recruit students in this round of application. The following list shows only those faculty members that plan to recruit a student in the coming round of application. List of faculty members recruiting in 2014/15 (link will be updated soon)
Time line of selection process:
- Online registration will be activated after October 15, 2014
- Deadline for application: January 06, 2015 (24:00 Central European Time)
- Deadline for submission of reference letters: January 10, 2015 (24:00 Central European Time)
- Evaluation and pre-selection through faculty: January 06 to 31, 2015
- Notification of candidates: February 01 to 15, 2015
- Interview week in Munich: March 02 to 06, 2015
Please note that travel expenses and accommodation will be covered by the Research School.
For détails: https://www.imprs-ls.de/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=55&Itemid=171, october 13th, 2014