DAAD/Roche Diagnostics Postdoctoral Programme (Germany)
Objective : The DAAD and “Roche Diagnostics” is offering scholarships for advanced research placements at one of Europe’s leading Biotechnology centres in Penzberg, near Munich. The scholarships are open to all highly qualified young post-doctoral scholars from EU countries, the USA and Canada. The scholarships are aimed at young post-doctoral researchers for whom experience in industrial research is an important qualifying step in their professional careers. Experimental research and developments in the area of Diagnostics will be supported by German university professors.
Main Subject areas: The following areas of research within the field of Diagnostics will be offered in Penzberg. Applicants should include their chosen area of study in their application forms, as well as two alternative options.
Penzberg Antibody generation and optimization Biacore for thermodynamics Cellular analytics Expression systems Immune effector cell recruitment Instrumental Analytics Mass Spectrometry/HPLC Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS) Microfluidics Mode of action analyses for therapeutic antibodies New optical detection principles Non-invasive imaging technologies Novel label conjugates Novel methods for immunogen synthesis Nucleic acid chemistry/Peptide chemistry Organic chemistry of dyes and solid phases Particles and polymers Pharmacological testing Protein purification, analytics and chemistry Recombinant proteins/antibodies Stem cells Target identification/validation
Duration 12 months, with a possible extension of up to a further 12 months.
Value Details of the Scholarship:
- Monthly allowance of EUR 2,250.
- Supplementary allowance for married scholarship holders with families.
- Travel costs. Please note, the method of payment will vary depending on which country the application comes from.
- Combined health, personal and accident insurance cover.
- German language course (based on current level of German).
- Help finding accommodation.
Further information and advice
- Applications can be submitted at any time.
- All applications should be submitted to a local DAAD office or to ‘Referat 521’ at the DAAD Head Office in Bonn.
- Further information can be obtained from: DAAD, Referat 521 Postfach 20 04 04 D-53134 Bonn Germany Tel.: 0049 (0) 228 / 882-339 Fax: 0049 (0) 228 / 882-444 E-Mail: email@example.com